Our people make providing 'More Than Money' possible. That’s why we do everything possible to support them.
"The team at Praetura have been amazing. They've helped me with every question, no matter how big or small, and welcomed me the moment I stepped through the door."
Jansher Zahir, Business Development Manager
"The culture at Praetura is amazing. From the moment I started here, I was made to feel like a key member of the team, and I know everyone who walks through the door shares that experience too."
Rebecca Hargreaves, Group Finance Manager
We do the right thing
We are humble
We are courageous
We are authentic
We’re proud to provide an inclusive, collaborative and supportive environment where you can be your authentic self and reach your potential.
Our offices are spread across Manchester, Blackburn, Chester and Wilmslow, with modern facilities and Group-wide benefits at each location.
We truly care about being one of the best places in the North to enjoy your career, which is why we continuously ask for feedback and put out regular surveys. We have an excellent eNPS score of +69, which means the majority of people would recommend Praetura as an employer.
What else can you expect?
- A supportive space to share ideas and collaborate with teams
- Time for charitable pursuits, including fundraisers, volunteering opportunities and sport
- A jam-packed calendar of social events, including parties, drinks receptions and team days
- Multiple benefits, including wellbeing support, cycle to work schemes and your birthday off
We want you to achieve more than you thought possible at Praetura.
Whether you’re taking part in our graduate scheme (Summit) or looking to progress faster within our organisation, we’re on hand to provide everything you need to grow and be your best at work.
There are multiple ways we hold ourselves to this standard, whether it’s the chance to upskill internally or providing regular feedback through our fair, transparent and honest review process. We also provide regular one-to-ones and performance reviews on a quarterly basis, meaning you don’t have to wait 12 months to discuss your career or set new goals. Above all, we’re passionate about building future leaders and developing talent across all areas of Praetura Group.
What else can you expect?
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- An additional day off on your birthday
- Salary sacrifice schemes for tech, bikes, electric cars
- Discounted childcare
- Optional return to work coaching following family friendly leave
- Coaching for new parents
- Local gym partnerships and discounts
- And much more
Training and development
- Regular training sessions throughout the year
- Mentorship programmes to accelerate your career
- Women’s Leadership sessions for future leaders
- Team building and communication days
- Lunch and Learn sessions
- Public speaking workshops
Summit – our graduate scheme
Summit provides vital skills for a career in financial services. Through Summit, you’ll have the opportunity to complete a professional qualification and take part in coaching and training to support your professional development. It doesn’t matter how much experience you have. You just need to embody our values and possess the right attributes, including enthusiasm in your day-to-day role and a willingness to learn. Currently, we have graduates working across multiple areas of the business, including business development, relationship management, investments and underwriting, with plenty of opportunities available depending on your career goals.
Having the chance to excel in your career is just one benefit of joining Praetura. Another is the opportunity to develop personally and professionally while giving back to the wider community – we call this providing ‘more than money’.
There are plenty of ways you can help us to provide more than money, including volunteering with one of our Praetura Task Force committees, which are responsible for our ESG goals and arranging social events. Being at a company that’s always looking to give back means you can – if you’d like – set aside to support charities or do more outside of work, whether it’s planting trees or helping at a foodbank.
It’s thanks to initiatives like these that Praetura has been accredited by the Good Business Charter. But beyond accreditations, we want you to feel part of something greater.
The Praetura Task Force
Set up in 2022, the Praetura Task Force is made up of volunteers from across the company and is split into four key committees for environment, wellbeing, community and diversity and inclusion.
- Bringing us closer to our goal of being a carbon neutral company by 2024
- Spearheading green initiatives, such as World Vegan Day and National Recycling Week
- Creating opportunities for our people to plant trees, share transport and make eco-friendly choices
- Working towards making our people feel happy, healthy and fulfilled at work and in their daily lives
- Responsible for promoting wellbeing events, such as World Menopause Day and Time to Talk Day
- Encouraging our people to take care of their physical and mental wellbeing
- Supporting our annual charity fundraising targets through bake sales and events, e.g. 10k runs
- Leading on community initiatives, including two days supported volunteering per year
- Opening doors for our people to partner with local charities and volunteer in the community
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and eliminating discrimination
- Ensuring all our people feel seen and represented and that everyone is respected and looked after
- Championing change through platforms like Culture Shift and organisations like the Talent Tap
"Once I'd found my feet, the BDM role gave me a lot of autonomy to run my own schedule, progress my own deals and be part of an exciting and fast-growing business."
Will Brazel, Business Development Manager